Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 1 (Sunday)


June 6, 2010

This afternoon Vikki and I took Ico to Evergreen Veterinary Hospital with Dr. Wilcock’s to inseminate Ico. It took roughly 35 minutes for Dr. Wilcock’s to work her magic and take the space ship looking container contents that arrived from Colorado via Fedex and do what she needed to do with Ico.

Ico is not a big dog but she has a lot of power behind her and as she was coming out of anesthesia it was a little difficult to keep her movement limited and keep her calm. Fortunately after she figured out where she was and she started getting her surroundings she was OK. Since about 3:30 pm this afternoon she has been napping. She ate a good dinner and is staying very close. Auntie Cat and Vikki recommended Calendula Cream for Ico’s incision to help with the healing process, put it on this evening and will continue to put it on twice a day……I will let you know how the incision heals.

So let me take a quick moment here just incase you don’t know who I am. I am Raquel and Ico lives with me, I co-own Ico with Vikki.

Vikki will be posting a chart on Ico’s progress and I will take pictures daily so we track any visual changes.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Raquel! This is so exciting. Give Ico 3 little pieces of cheese from GoGo, Andy and LaRoo

    ReplyDelete