Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 42

Ico and I went for a two mile run this morning. She did great, she is still faster than I am which amazes me since she is three week away from delivery. She will start staying with Vikki and the poodle girls this afternoon which is going to be tough but we want her to establish her own place at Vikki's and settle in. Here is Ico after the run. Two minutes before this picture and after she was pinging off the walls chasing a tennis ball but I guess she needed a momentary breather.




Vikki here....
What do I love most about our poodle families? I love that we really do have that village. I love that when I leave for a trip (or simply need at day off from the poodles to get things done) I can call Cat and ask if she's available to take them. I am so lucky to have her. But more importantly, My girls are Lucky to have her. When I leave them with Cat their first response is to try to follow me out... look pathetic.... look dejected.... play their best Guilt Card. What I know (hee hee... and they don't know I know) is that as soon as my car pulls away, they settle in like they have lived there their entire lives. Well, basically they have! Cat's home is their home and Vita is their 'sister."

That's how the transition has gone with Ico coming to my house. I was outside with all the girls when Raquel pulled up and dropped her off. After all Ico's things were unloaded, she started to get the idea that Raquel was leaving and she tried to get back into the car. As the car pulled away I held on to her so she wouldn't be tempted to follow it down the street. In the next few seconds she went from pining for mom to being a part of her older established family.

Here is a pic I just took. It's 4:22 and We're all out on the deck enjoying what turned out to be a glorious day. I bought Rib bones for the girlies and, as you can see, they all come together as a pack to eat them. There's no stealing from each other, but the rule is.... if you abandon it... it's up for grabs! They will eat their bones head to head. Sometimes it looks like a football huddle as they chew. In the end I can always count on the girls leaving the remains and TinTin gathering them up into a great big pile. If you've read the Hobbit you'll appreciate my reference to Smog the dragon. TinTin is Smog, at the end of a bone-fest, sitting on her mound of treasure, too full to eat but too greedy to let them go.

Here's a pic of (Left to right) Eureka, Nickel and Ico in the yard, chowing down.





No comments:

Post a Comment