Thursday, August 5, 2010

DAY 2




AH!!!! Forgive me! I have photos and some video but need to download it (erh! Up load?) It's been a busy day. Mom is doing fabulously. She's learned not to lay on the babies :) seriously... last night I got no sleep because everytime I heard a puppy in distress I jumped up to make sure it wasn't beeing squished ;0) Ico quickly learned how to slowly and delicately lower her body down onto a pile of babies like a mother hen. She bends her front legs and squats down over them so that any puppy underneath has 'elbow room.' She also can roll over onto her back and slowly displace any puppy that's back there.
Nature is wonderful.

I'll try to work on getting some pics and videos on line tonight.

I have to confess that Ico and I both took a good nap from about 3pm to 6pm today.







Ico lowering herself down into the brood......

No comments:

Post a Comment