Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 26

Puppies are starting to recognize my face and voice. For the first time today they ran out of the crate when I called them. They are also going outside by themselves to poop! I left the deck door open and found little piles of poo. Amazing. OF course it's a great start, physically they won't have full bladder control until about 12 weeks old. they'll also have to learn to "hold it," as right now they're running for the door when they have to go.... if the door isn't open they poop where they are. Still pretty darn cool!!


They're eating a full meal each day now. I wasn't planning on weaning them early but nature might be taking care of the decision for me. Ico has never been a great milk producer so it might be natures way of helping her out. We'll see. I hope to support Ico's nursing until at least 6 weeks rather than taking over the whole job! :)

It's next to impossible to get pictures of the puppies right now they're really moving around too much. I'm starting to think that I've taken enough pictures of them sleeping!.. ha ha ha.


Well they had a great trip to the grassy yard today. They got to visit with Raquel and we sat in the yard soaking up the sun and enjoying the smell of chorophyll. Puppies weren't too keen on the idea. It was a little too open space for them, strange footing and they got a little chilled being out on the slightly damp earth. Still a great 'First' for the day.










No comments:

Post a Comment